Completed in 1766 for Joseph Lloyd–the second lord of the Manor of Queens Village–the Joseph Lloyd Manor House is a handsome center hall colonial building that was the seat of a 3000-acre country estate that came under British occupation during the Revolutionary War. Built by Connecticut craftsmen, it remained in the Lloyd family until 1876 and eventually became the country house of Mrs. Anna Matheson Wood who donated the property to SPLIA in 1968. Today, Lloyd Manor is furnished to the 1793 inventory of John Lloyd II and occupies a spectacular 2.5-acre setting that overlooks Lloyd Harbor and a formal garden from the Wood era. Lloyd Manor was the home of Jupiter Hammon, a slave who became the first published black poet.
Lloyd Lane and Lloyd Harbor Road
Lloyd Harbor, NY 11743
Follow Route 25A into Huntington, turn north on West Neck Road (opposite library), follow West Neck Road into the Village of Lloyd Harbor and across the causeway (water on both sides) to Lloyd Neck. This road turns east at the Neck and follows the south shore. Lloyd Manor is located at the intersection of the shore and Lloyd Lane, (one-half mile east).
Memorial Day Weekend through Columbus Day
Sundays, 1:00PM – 5:00PM and by appointment: 631-692-4664
Children (7-14) $3