Skip to content
National Park Service, Department of the Interior
- Technical Preservation Services: Online technical information for preserving, rehabilitating, restoring and reconstructing historic buildings. Included here are Preservation Briefs which address a variety of technical preservation topics and the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards, which describe appropriate preservation treatments.
- National Register Publications: National Park Service, Department Interior
Various publications, including the National Register Bulletin series that provide guidance on evaluating, documenting, and listing different types of historic places.
New York State Department of State
- The SEQR Handbook: A practical reference guide to the procedures prescribed by the State Environmental Quality Review (SEQR)
- Legal Aspects of Municipal Historic Preservation: Provides guidance in setting up a local landmark ordinance.
New York State Historic Preservation Office
- The official homepage of the State Historic Preservation Office (SPHO) providing information on a variety of preservation-related topics including survey work, grants, rehabilitation tax credits, and technical assistance.
National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Preservation Books: Links to several publications offered for sale by the National Trust for Historic Preservation that address specific preservation issues.
- Preservation Green Lab: Provides technical information about energy efficiency and sustainability in historic structures